BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Summer Moon Rubber Band Recycling Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at at 7:01 am CST on the first day of each month and ends at 07:59pm CST at the end of each month (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes only open to residents of the 50 U.S. States or D.C., who are 18 or older. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, fulfillment and advertising and promotion agencies (“Sweepstakes Entities”), their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and those living in the same household of each such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
METHOD OF ENTRY: There are two methods of Entry for this Sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Entrants may complete an entry form upon depositing a Summer Moon coffee bag band into the receptacle.
Alternatively, entrants may upload a photo that shows how you repurposed a Summer Moon rubber band during the Giveaway Period (defined below) (the “Photo”) and with the hashtag #SummerMoonRecycles to Instagram. You must be an active holder of a non-private Instagram account and be a follower of @SummerMoonCoffee to be eligible to enter this Giveaway. You must make sure the “Photos Are Private” option in the account settings on your Instagram account are set to “OFF”. You must have an Instagram app and account to enter via this method. If you do not have the Instagram app, you may download it through the application store on your device. The Instagram app is free. All entry information and Photos shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Content Restrictions defined below. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Giveaway. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights (including, without limitation any intellectual property rights) of any third parties; (c) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be photographed and used as permitted herein; and (d) all information the entrant provided herein is true and accurate. Sponsor reserves the right to request third party releases / authorizations from any third party included in any Submission at any time, without any payment or consideration to be paid by Sponsor. Failure to produce fully executed third party releases / authorizations (if applicable) may result in disqualification of the Submission and from the Giveaway, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for one year for purposes of implementing the Giveaway. For any winner, providing a Submission constitutes the winner’s consent to give Sponsor an irrevocable, exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the legal term of protection of copyright including future legal extensions thereof, including but not limited to on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and properties and on social networking sites. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
Entrants will automatically receive one Entry into the Sweepstakes by either of these Entry methods.
LIMITS: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person for the entire Sweepstakes Period. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. PRIZES, PRIZE DRAWING, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
PRIZE DRAWING: Sponsor will conduct one (1) random prize drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted within 7 days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Non-winning entries will not carry forward to or be included in any subsequent sweepstakes or prize drawings of Sponsor.
PRIZE DETAILS: Total of one (1) prize. Winners will receive one year's supply of coffee* (“Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prizes is U.S. $675 USD. The Prize will be shipped at no expense to the Winner. Sponsor will notify a Potential Winner by sending a message to the Potential Winner via Instagram. The Potential Winner is responsible for responding and providing the correct ship-to address within 5 days after issuance of notification. A signature will be required at the time of delivery. The Winner is solely responsible for all taxes (federal, state and local of all applicable jurisdictions) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of the prize. Only one prize will be awarded per Winner.
PRIZE AWARDING: All Prizes will be awarded, provided more than enough entries have been received. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. No transfers, cash awards, or prize substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Prize awarded is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Prize winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Affidavit”), and return the same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance of notification. (TN residents need not sign the publicity releases). If a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or if a Potential Winner cannot be contacted after a reasonable number of attempts, is ineligible according to these Official Rules, fails to provide the required information and/or return the required documents within the specified time period, decides to decline his/her prize for any reason whatsoever, or otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit his/her prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon disqualification, no compensation will be given. Once the Affidavit is received within the specified time period, is verified, and receives final approval by Sweepstakes Entities, then and only then will a Potential Winner become an actual Winner. Prize will be awarded in the name of the Winner. Decisions of the Sponsor are final in all respects of the Sweepstakes.
PRIZES WILL BE ACCEPTED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize manufacturer that may be sent along with a prize. Winner will not be obligated to purchase any other Sponsor products or services. Entrant agrees to indemnify, release, and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of the prize resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has not arranged for nor carries any insurance of any kind for the benefit of Entrant or that of Entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators relative to Entrant’s use of the prize awarded to Entrant; and that Entrant is solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any insurance relative to the prize awarded to Entrant.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or printing error in these rules or any promotional materials, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or for late, lost, stolen, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, or if any difficulties compromise the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right to void any entries at issue and/or to suspend, modify, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at any time without notice and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect eligible entries received as of the termination date. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an Entry, Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address with which the Entry was made. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event of time of war, national emergency, accident, dangerous weather conditions, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism, or other matters beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes. Notice of such action will be posted online at summermooncoffee.com/pages/golden-ticket. Caution: Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is conducted in English. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than in the State of Texas.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY.
8. DISPUTES: Disputes; Governing Law. Wherever enforceable, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Giveaway. Wherever enforceable, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Giveaway shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Texas. WHEREVER ENFORCEABLE, THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Giveaway, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Travis in the State of Texas. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
9. WHO WON: For the name of the prize winner, available from 11/2/2019 to 12/30/2019 please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by 12/30/2019, to Summer Moon Coffee, 11029 Signal Hill Dr., Austin TX 78737.
10. SPONSOR: Summer Moon Coffee, 11029 Signal Hill Dr., Austin TX 78737.